Monday, July 30, 2007

Oregon Coast Aquarium




We made the annual trip to the Oregon Coast Aquarium with the granddaughters Joanna and Stevie. On the drive to Newport we pasted the hillside painting of the reclining nude. Last year it was the Mona Lisa and because of an accident caused by someone stoping too soon that resulted in a death, the ODOT had block the roadside so you could not stop beside the road. For some reason this weekend the cones were pushed back so we were able to stop and get a picture along with a slug picture. I think the granddaughters were more interested in the slug than the painting. They named Slimy. Anyway I put the painting on Flickr and tagged it Nude so have been getting some hits.
It was overcast, so went to the aquarium first and made the normal tour. This year the changing exhibit is CLAWS so we get to see crabs, lobsters, etc. It was Sunday so the aquarium was crowded and I included in my Flickr pictures some I had taken earlier this year. Also with my new camera in the shop I was using my old camera and don’t think it takes some pictures as well as the new camera. The aquarium does change some with the new exhibits and then births that occur or animals that come in for rehab. One of the interesting ones now is the baby wolf eel. The wolf eel is such and ugly animal to me and it has been interesting to see them grow over the last two weeks. They also have pictures and other information about the eels. I also enjoy watching the birds flying through the water.
After the aquarium we were off to Agate Beach where I cook hamburgers and the girls play on the beach. It was a little windy but still they love the time on the beach more that looking at all those fish at the aquarium. Their attention span is very short at most of the exhibits. The touch tank is one of their favorites and they also enjoy the Passages of the Deep with the tunnel through the three different ocean habitats. The shark habitat is always a big draw for everyone and crowded on a Sunday.

No comments: