Thursday, May 15, 2008

PAIN and Thai Massage

Today I will write about my only bad experience on the Thailand trip, the Thai Massage. It might be because of my size and the fact that I am on blood thinner but this experience is still haunting me.
Since I am on a blood thinner, when I bump my leg I get a small bump from blood building up under the skin. Well I have a few on my leg and the lady giving the massage took them as muscle cramps and applied an oil and tried to work them out. This was very painful and in the end I had to take the leg away from her.
The second pain I am not sure what happen or if the pain is a cracked rib, as I assume. I have had cracked ribs before so am aware of the pain and know there is not much you can do but take painkillers. I did not see a doctor but the pain on the bottom left rib started during her working on my back and still hurts today. It is better and I know that some of the yard work I am doing is not the best for it but I will recover. Maybe she felt the bigger they are the harder you have to push. It was defiantly a deep muscle massage and maybe just TOO deep.
All that said, it was only one experience that I would not recommend of the many outstanding things we did on the trip.

No comments: