Sunday, August 27, 2006

NW Art & Air Festival



Friday night in Albany for the NW Art & Air Festival. It was a beautiful evening and there was music to enjoy, people to watch, and the Night Glow.
There had been a shooting on the interstate that blocked traffic for miles on I-5 but luckily I didn’t have to use the interstate to get to the fair grounds. The State Patrol had stopped a man that was suspected of armed robbery at some rest stops along the interstate. The patrolman was shot twice in his bulletproof vest and once in the foot. He was treated and released. The only man died the next day from his wounds
I wandered through the booths of artwork for sale enjoying the great variety of creations from mostly local artists. I didn’t buy any thing but enjoyed seeing it all.
One of the things I noticed as I sat down to enjoy the music was the people. Now I know I am wanting to loose 50 pounds but looking at many of the people there, I felt I was not as overweight as many of the people. I had first noticed that in Branson that most of the people or overweight, even though we read stories every day about how bad it is for our health. My feeling is that Middle America needs to loose most of its middle. Enough on that!
The music was a young woman singing country songs to canned music, a marimba band, and then a fiddle player with a band. Nice but not what I was there to see.
It was the Night Glow I wanted to see. Last January in Indio we had many fancy balloons and the Night Glow was a fascinating experience. Well Albany is not Indio. First there was not the room to have that many balloons and the balloons were of the basic hot-air balloons design and there were only seven balloons. But it was fun and I enjoyed the show.
A follow-up on the Mona Lisa – There were two accidents on Wednesday. In both cases a car was slowing down or stopped to pull over to the side of the road and in one case hit in the rear and in the other the chip truck we say had swerved to miss the car and ended up in the ditch. The No Parking of Shoulder” sign are going to be left up and only time will tell what will happen to the picture.

No comments: