Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hot Tennis

Well tomorrow, Sunday, is the last day of PAC Life Tennis. We will be working for the final three matches the men’s singles and both the men’s and women’s doubles.
I will go out on a limb and predict the winners of the singles and the women’s doubles complete with pictures. I got some pictures of Lisa Raymond and Samantha Strosur playing doubles on court 2 on Friday and I think they will win the women’s doubles.
As for the men’s singles, I think today’s match where Nadal beat Roddick determined the men’s champion. I was able to get some pictures of Rafael Nadal as he was warming up early in the morning. Roddick may have not been at his best but I did see a 147 MPH serve from him. Nadal just outplayed him and deserved to win.
The biggest news other than all the upsets has been the 90 degree temperature. I have not been in on any of the medical problems but there have been a few each day as people sit in the sun for a long time and don’t drink any water. So there has been many cases of heat stroke treated.
I also wanted to share the two wildlife samples that I have pictured from the tennis garden. The first is the moths. You will see many of them flying around the courts. I don’t know much about them but you can take a look for yourself. The other is the bat I saw resting during the day by the elevator. After a big night of catching all the insects around the ground I guess it was just resting. I did think I saw one when we were working one night be it is always hard to tell but al least we know they are around.

No comments: