Monday, March 12, 2007

Tennis at its Best

Well two more days at the tennis tournament. We did not see the big upset of Roger Federer by Guillermo Canas but did see some of Canas getting beaten by Carlos Moya today. It was the second day at about 90 dreeses so it was HOT.
Sunday we were out on court six that is a small court but at this point in the tournament there can be good matches out there. The problem is that it is so few seats that people can’t get in to see the match. We didn’t have a BIG match but they did next door. So we got to hear the noise and have some of the traffic come by our court.
Today we were in court three so had more space but bigger matches. I was working as a floater for most of the time relieving people to go to lunch. That means not much for pictures but did get a few. Two quick shots of Nicole Vaidisova before Ahsha Rolle quit for medical reasons. Ok so she is just another one of those tall, blonde, girls from Easter Europe. But it is nice to get a picture. I can put that with the picture I got of myself with Maria Sharapova that I got at the Canon booth. Ok it was only a cardboard cutout of Maria but the picture is nice and she wasn’t upset when I put my arm around her for the picture.
Then we had the match of the day. Canas and Moya. I got a couple of quick pictures and then tried to run the gate the best I could. What do you do when all the seats are full and more people want in? By that time it was 2:30 PM and I got to go to lunch myself. I got back to see or at least be around and see a few shots as Moya beat Canas. But Canas had his 15 minutes of fame by beating the number one in the world. He was a lucky loser by loser in his first match, the qualifying matches, but got to continue because one of the other qualifiers had to drop out.
I am sitting on one bad news. That Pauline and I may not be able to do our SHOW Love in the Afternoon. The accompanist we were counting on has just been doing too much and is burned out so she can’t play for us. More on that latter but needless to say after looking forward to singing with Pauline all year I am CRUSHED to not have it work.

No comments: