Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Rain in Hawaii



Well it is Sunday and we have finished our first week in Maui. We have had some great snorkeling, played tennis and lost, well we won the second time, and I have taken a lot of pictures. We are in the middle of a rain storm that may last until Tuesday so we have a forced break.
I have been processing pictures and one thing I discovered as I was working on the Halloween pictures was the one of the picture of a nicely dressed couples that I took looked liked Kelsey Grammer. Then to my surprise in the paper it said that he and his wife were at the celebration. He was one of the families that had to evacuate their home in California because of the fires. We meet another couple when we were picking up our car said they came to Maui because they had to evacuate their home. I guess that if you have to leave your home you might as well come to Maui for a week or two.
We will have to wait until the rain ends in a day or two to enjoy a drive around the island. One thing the rain did was produce a great sunset this evening. It didn't rain all day be off and on with little sun. I got my morning walk before the rain. Yesterday we took some of the pictures I took of Fergie and his birds to him as he was reading on the beach.

No comments: