Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tennis



Well the tennis tournament has started and Marilyn and I have not gotten off to the best start. But after the past three years of having some success I guess our time has come to watch the winners. I had good first round match in the men’s doubles but we lost in three sets. No excuses they just beat us. Marilyn had a little more trouble in her first round women’s doubles. The interesting thing is that our friends Ed and Pauline on the opposing teams. So now both of us are in the consolation round that happens this next week.
AS for the singles I got to play the top player in the park for my opening match. He plays at about a 4.5 or 5.0 level and I am about a 3.0 so there was never much doubt on the outcome only the time it would take. I am proud to say that I did get some points in almost every game and had some good shots. It is just that he would return them even better. It only took 30 minutes to loose 6-0 6-0 but was fun and a good experience. More consolation play there next week.
After beating Marilyn and her partner Anne, Pauline and Norma went on to win the women’s championship so Marilyn shouldn’t feel too bad. When you lose to the best it makes it easier to take.

No comments: