Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer flowers


Well we are into summer and that means many beautiful flowers. Marilyn works hard and deadheading and cutting some flowers to bring into the house. We even provided several bouquets for a 50th wedding anniversary party at the tennis club last Sunday. Of course in the front yard the deer have taken care of all our pansies and marigolds. I have even sprayed the flowers so the deer are not supposed to eat them but they don’t read the labels very well.
I have been spending time taking many pictures of all the flowers. It gives me a chance to learn how to better use my camera. I have even started using the manual setting more to help with the settings and try to get the focus better. Close-up photography is a very interesting process and it seems the camera keeps getting into the light to cause even more problems. Anyway it has been fun and I am sure I will have a very large collection of flower pictures by the end of the summer. I even got a wall in the dinning room for my collection of framed enlargements.
Of course I have a large collection of the pictures on my flickr account in addition to the ones displayed here. I am now trying to get more birds and bees to pose for pictures. The bees seem to like the sunflowers but both the birds and the bees seem to fly away just as I am going to take the picture.

No comments: