Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sunset in Africa





I always enjoy taking pictures of sunsets and trying to get just the right moment and angle. Using a digital camera makes it so much fun. You can take fifteen pictures of the same sunset from just a different spot or different time and select the one you want latter. Each picture is unique. Sometimes the best color is up to a half hour after the sun goes down and sometimes the clouds just don’t let it happen. Every time I am in Hawaii I seem to take at least another twenty pictures of the setting sun. Maybe it is because it is so easy to just go across the street from our condo or maybe it is that I don’t have anyone rushing me to go or do something.
The hard thing about taking pictures of the sunset on a group tour is the same problem you have with taking animal pictures. It takes time and not everyone wants to just stand and wait for just the right moment. I did get a chance to get some nice shots on this trip to Africa. Sometimes we were at the lodge waiting for dinner and sometimes we were out on a game drive with a stop for drinks as we watched the setting sun. Both allowed me the chance to take the time I wanted to shoot several shots. I have included two of the same sunset separated by only twenty seconds but what a difference in the color.

No comments: