Sunday, April 20, 2008

Earth Day


Well it is almost Earth Day and everyone is getting ready. Every business that can claim some association to Earth Day is having something special, a sale or open house. The Farmer’s Market had its first day on Saturday. The Woodenshoe Tulip Farm had its Tulip Fest this weekend. Thyme Garden had their celebration “There will be displays from more than 20 companies concerned with the environment, speakers, great music, great food and drink and great people. Come join us to celebrate this awesome planet we live on and share some of the things we can do to save it. “

Oh did I mention that it has been snowing when I got up the last to days and all of these outdoor activities got to be held in snow, rain, sleet, and sun not to mention the freezing nights and temperature in the 40’s during the day. Oh yes, that was my last post.

Well this morning I tried to make up for my failure to get a picture of the snow. Looking back to my April 13 post I took the same picture today with the snow to replace the yellow of the daffodils. As I ventured on to the deck to look over Corvallis, a hummingbird flew to my feeder for it’s morning feeding and then flew to the cherry tree to find the pick blossoms through the snow. Two of the neighbors also have hummingbird feeds so I am sure the two birds I saw were just making the rounds. My feeder was getting low so I put in the new nectar I had made yesterday and by the time I was back in the house the two hummingbirds were back to feed and sit in the cherry tree.

No comments: