Friday, January 19, 2007

How Cold Is It??

How Cold is It? Well I do feel a little guilty complaining about the cold while others suffer in REAL cold. But then we did come south for the winter to avoid the cold rainy weather. This last week it was the coldest it has been in 40 years here in the valley. Of course the loss for the citrus fruit farmers is very bad for them and for those of us that want to buy the oranges.
Although it does get cold during the night when the sun comes up it warms up very quickly. Luck for us we do have a deck that faces south so even when the outside temperature may only be 6o degrees or less it will be in the 70’s on the deck and I can sit in comfort. My early morning walk is cold and some of the water standing in the street has a thin sheet of ice. Another sad event is the frost did kill some of the flowers and stunted others. It looks like our bougainvillea may have been frosted. Of course that is not all bad. It grows so much that I always have to cut it way back to meet park requirements and it never has blossoms that we get to enjoy.
I still get to play tennis several times a week and it is not raining so I must say, “Yes, it is cold here but we really don’t have much to complain about.”

1 comment:

Jul said...

Send the cold this way - I want to ski!