Saturday, January 27, 2007

Steak fry





Well of Friday we had just a little more excitement at RCB. I played my tennis and took my walk. Tennis has its good days and bad day but mostly it is fun. I have a couple of groups a men that I play with that are about even or at least not too much better than I am so I can enjoy the playing. We will soon have the tennis tournament and I will have to share pictures and find creative ways to explain my losses.
The walk I try to take any day I don’t play tennis is always good exercise and I enjoy seeing the people and the birds as I wonder the park. I have not set path but try to wonder around for about an hour at a good pace. I also try to walk around the park as I take part in some of the activities.
But for the excitement we had a Steak Fry on Friday night. For this you bring your own meat to barbeque and your drink of choice. A backed potato, garlic bread, and desert are provided. It can take a while for 200 people to cook their steaks but we go out in 6 different groups so it moves right along. It is a good social time with the people as you wait your turn to go out to the barbeque and while you are cooking the steaks.
After we had finished eating there was a three piece band that played music for dancing. I found it difficult to dance to most of their music but one Greek couple that had helped with the preparation for the dinner did their Greek folk dance and a few people joined them.

No comments: