Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Making of a Star

We just completed our tryouts for the Cabaret Show this year and we did not have a great number of people attending. In fact we still could use another man. Several of the men that were in the show last year have decided to not take part this year. It is very demanding of time and many people have other things they want to do in life like visit grandchildren or play golf. So it is ok, I understand the need to make choices and only want people in the show that are willing to give the time and effort needed.
Last years show was a success and we hope to repeat again this year. We had three men and five women at tryouts. All but one of the women are sopranos. However some can sing alto. That means that we have more women than we can use and could use another man. That means that I had to personally contact a couple of men that had said they might be interested and decide which women I must tell we won’t be able to use her this year. We I talked with two men and one said I will tell you by the end of the week and the other said no. We will see, it is always better if they say yes right away.
As for the women I will have to consult with my singing partner and the musical director but I think I know which one will be the choice. It is always hard to not select a person when you know they really want to be part of the show.
Tonight I also get to work with the other big show at RCB. The Big Star Night, which is a lip-sync show that many people enjoy doing. There is always some feeling of competition with our live music show but they are really very different and provide expanded opportunities for the people here.

No comments: