Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tennis At RCB

Well it is tennis tournament time at RCB. The draw is out and I am playing in the “A” division again this year. I have played my first two matches and Marilyn has played her first and it looks like there will not be a champion in this household this year unless it is a consolation championship.
My singles was a match I didn’t feel I could win but actually did better than I thought and admit there were times I even thought I could win. My opponent is called the roadrunner so I had to play all out hitting to both lines and hitting hard. The bad thing is at my ability you miss some of those shot as you go from one side of the court to the other.
In the mixed competition my partner is also my singing partner Pauline and Marilyn’s partner is the guy that beat me in the singles. Pauline and Marilyn are opponents in the consolation round of the women’s doubles. Sine it is hard to get a picture of myself playing I will put in one of Marilyn and Pauline.
For the most part it is fun and everone has a good time. However my doubles partner in the men’s doubles does have a tendency to just quit at times and not really try. That happened in the second match today when he just doesn’t even try to hit a good shot and his body language makes it clear that he as quit.

No comments: