Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chip Ross Park



Spring and early summer can be a great time to go for a walk through OSU forest property and Chip Ross Park. The wild flowers are in full bloom and if you ignore the pollen in the air you can enjoy yourself. The flowers even make a good excuse to stop and look (rest) after a hard walk up the hill.
Right now the grass pollen is very high so my eyes are paying the price until about July 4th when the pollen could goes down. I did my first walk up over the hill and park and it was great I don’t always take my camera but did this time. I didn’t really do much with the photos except size and cut back the exposure some. In the bright sun it is easy to over-expose the picture and is easiest to just adjust in photoshop.
Since it was my first walk of the summer, I did pay the price the next day in sore legs. I hadn’t used those muscles for a while. I will be back on the hills soon. We aren’t getting much rain so the path through the forest is relatively dry and the views are spectacular.

No comments: