Saturday, June 30, 2007

Oregon Garden



I have been spending the last few days at the National IFYE Conference (International Farm Youth Exchange) that was held in Corvallis. I didn’t take part in the planning but tried to help out, when they needed and extra hand. There are often little things you can do to help out, so that was me, just helping out.
For the daylong tour I choose the Oregon Garden and the Willamette Valley Vineyards. The Oregon Garden is always a nice place to visit and the great flowers gave me a chance to tryout my new camera. Of course the beauty of the garden is not just the flowers. Many of the plants have very beautiful leaves.
So weather it is a close-up of a flower or a larger view of many of the plants and flowers together, you can spend a long times enjoying the view and taking pictures. I only have a small portion of the pictures I took on flickr but tried to put on some of the better ones. Of course some of the view can only be appreciated in person. I did take some panoramic shots where I could use the Photoshop program to join several pictures together and that was great. But you still miss something without being there.
Of course, after a walk around the park and/or a ride on the tram a person can get hungry. The little cafĂ© at the garden has a very nice place to eat outside and some great sandwiches to get you through the day. This was also a great time to talk with some of the other people attending the conference. Most of them I didn’t know but we all had shared a common experience in the exchange so it was fun to share experiences.

No comments: