Sunday, March 16, 2008

Love or Something Like It



The highlight of my season at RCB is over. This year eight singers including myself and Pauline presented a musical review called “Love or Something like it. I sang two songs with Pauline including “All I Ask of You” from Phantom of the Opera and I did three solos including “Some Enchanted Evening”.
It was well received by the people and we had many wonderful comments about the show. It is always a pleasure to work with Pauline. The focus of the show is on the music and there is very little use of props or costumes. I guess it is the old Keep It Simple Stupid outlook on doing a show.
We had Ruth on piano and she is always a great help with her ability to follow the singer and to change from one song to another when we put several songs together in one set. I had not been singing very much for a number of years until I had a chance to work with Pauline and I have learned a lot from her and the other people in the group. It is great to sing and for people to enjoy it.

No comments: