Thursday, March 20, 2008

Walk on the Wild Side


I visited the San Jacinto National Monument Visitor Center and did a short walk along the Randall Henderson Trail. I did not walk the full three miles of the trail but was busy shooting the wonderful wild flowers that were blooming along the trail. I can’t identify all of the flowers but did my best with the books that I have.
Many of the Cacti were blooming. The most prevalent was the Beaver Tail with its wonderful pink flowers. I also found one barrel cactus, some cholla, and ocotillo that were blooming. One purple flower that was very prevalent I was not able to identify. I also saw a lizard and jack rabbit along the way.
It was a warm day and with all the desert flowers blooming I think my allergies are acting up.
More pictures can be seen at my Flickr account.

No comments: